Assistant Property Manager - Edmonton, AB
My client, a large Commercial Property Management Firm is currently seeking an Assistant Property Manager for their Edmonton portfolio. This position provides administrative, contract, and project support to the Property Manager along with responsibility for the preparation, filing and tracking of all agreements related to leasing between owner/landlord and tenants. Additional duties include coordination of services to sites via subcontractors and employees. The position reports to the Property Manager.
For immediate consideration please email Abby Rubin (604) 836 - 2672 or call (604) 836 - 2672.
This position pays from $65,000 - $70,000 + benefits and room for advancement.
• Ensure that the landlord's obligations to the tenants are accurately reflected in the various documents entered into between landlord/owner and tenants
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, internal colleagues, consultants and suppliers
• Provide tenants with a welcome package, rental charge sheets, and other related documents
• Ensures that reporting is provided on a timely basis
• Assists with development/implementation of new processes and procedures
• Diploma and/or education in real estate field with Alberta Real Estate License considered an asset
• Has an understanding of facilities/property management, safety, and quality assurance programs.
• Minimum of five years work experience
• Excellent writing and communication skills including excellent time management and organizational skills to simultaneously handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
• Enhanced customer care and client management skills combined with strong analytical abilities
• Ability to set and achieve goals and objectives in a timely manner
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as knowledge of computerized accounting systems (MRI experience would be considered an asset but not a necessity)
• Ability to articulate ideas and react appropriately even under pressure
• Ability to anticipate client needs and commit to respond in agreed time frames
• Detail oriented with an ability to proofread complex documents
• Basic knowledge of small facilities building systems (electrical, plumbing, sprinkler, life safety, HVAC, landscaping, snow removal, caretaking, etc.)
• Basic handyman repairs as required
• Knowledge of small project management processes including developing specs, estimating scheduling, design drawing interpretation, etc.
• Experience coordinating staff and subcontractors to complete work in a Real Estate environment
• Completion of, or willingness to obtain the following Health and Safety Training: WHMIS, Leadership in Safety Excellence, and other safety instruction through the Alberta Construction Safety Association
Lease and Tenant Administration
• Keep in contact with the Property Manager and/or tenants to maintain relationships and identify and communicate ongoing tenants' requirements
• Follow up regularly with owner/landlord and tenants (or their agents) to ensure timely and accurate preparation of all documents and timely execution of all documents
• Ongoing tenant relations (regular visits, resolution of disputes, etc.)
• Portray a favorable image of the organization as the front-line contact with clients/tenants and sub-contractors
• Maintain move-in/out documentation and physically attend on-site as required
• Assist and provide support in office as may be required
• Carry out such other related duties as are required or assigned
• Follows up when requested on work orders (including WORTS) requests, completions, sign-off of WORTS requests, matching up manual work orders with WORTS and matching necessary invoices
Accounting & Budgeting
• Assists in preparation of operating and capital budgets
• Summarizes facilities condition reports and quality surveys (as applicable)
• Resolves invoice discrepancies through contractor discussions
• Maintains Service Contract records