Building Operator - Vancouver
My client, a large Commercial Property Management firm is currently seeking a Building Operator for a building in their Vancouver portfolio. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Building Operator will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the building is being managed and maintained in a safe and environmentally responsible manner to the highest level of operational efficiency.
- Review, monitor and inspect all building functions including mechanical and electrical areas; provide direction in maintaining exceptional standards and services; including decisions for various operational modes, equipment logs, inspections, chemical tests, filter changes and temperature concerns
- Provide quotations, recommendations, regular visits and prompt service to building tenants to ensure satisfactory and problem resolution. Order supplies and services based on pre-authorized levels of approval
- Be responsible for the efficient, effective and successful control of all equipment, maintenance and repair building structures and property in accordance with approved practices, procedures and financial limitations
- Implement WHMIS, Health & Safety programs, and departmental directives
- Provide standby support to on-call maintenance staff as required and attend after hour building emergencies
- Direct and supervise repairs to the building and its equipment
- Be involved in energy management practices for lighting and HVAC and seek to identify areas for improvement
- Perform chemical tests on building water systems; including chilled water back up and base building heating systems.
- Conduct final inspections on all construction to ensure deficiencies are corrected, space conforms to codes, ensure that the space has been built as per the drawings and provide a completed and detailed report
- Prepare and submit reports based on operations.
- Must have a 5th Class Building Operator Certificate or Building Operator “A” Certificate or higher (4th Class etc,,,)
- Minimum of two years experience in a similar role
- Are knowledgeable about Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems
For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 - 2672 and email Resume as an attachment in Word to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position pays $55,000 - $60,000 + excellent benefits + room for advancement.