Building Technician - Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, & Saskatoon
My client, a large Commercial Property Management firm is currently seeking a Building Operator for a building in their Calgary portfolio. The Building Operator/ Technician is responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance on the facility’s mechanical and electrical equipment and systems. The Building Operator is also responsible for performing work in accordance with processes and practices complying with internal and external requirements including environmental, health, safety, and fire protection.
- Preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems
- Complies with internal and external requirements including environmental, health, safety, and fire protection
- Performs regular facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems monitoring inspection, and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Corrective maintenance to ensure facility objectives are met, to facilitate uninterrupted client operations.
- Observes facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides suggestions for repair.
- Monitors assigned facility by conducting facility walkthroughs and system monitoring and inspection
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
- Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database.
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have 2 - 4 years of facility operations and maintenance work experience
- High school diploma + trades training, certification or licensing
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment
- Strong building, mechanical, and electrical system troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Knowledge of fire, life, safety, building codes and standards related codes
- Strong environmental, health and safety mindset.
- Ability to perform work in a safe manner
- Strong customer service skills, along with a high sense of urgency
- Effective communication skills for data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation:
Trade certification or license in one or more of the following - required:
- Refrigeration license, in progress as an apprentice
- Electrical license, in progress as an apprentice
- Plumbing license, in progress as an apprentice
- Power Engineering 4th Class
- Gasfitter II
- Building Operator Certification through an accredited institution
For immediate consideration, please send resume to Abby Rubin - firstname.lastname@example.org or call (604) 836 – 2672. Salary is dependent upon experience and will be between $55K - $65K + excellent benefits + room for career advancement.