Commercial Property Director of Construction - Western Region
For immediate consideration please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 – 2672 and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deliver on the approved annual capital improvement budget;
- Provide construction expertise and costing input on capital budget planning;
- Monitor and control capital improvement projects and provide accurate updates
- Prepare and present monthly capital improvement budget and project status updates for senior management;
- Provide regular project status updates to the VP, Construction;
- Manage all construction-related activities to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Oversee the development of consultants’ drawings, technical planning and detailed work schedules for the execution of construction projects;
- Prepare accurate cost estimates and budgets in a timely manner for potential leasing deals, capital improvements and maintenance projects;
- Conduct regular leasing activity meetings with Western leasing team and delegate workload efficiently;
- Provide expert advice and assistance on all construction-related matters for prospective lease deals;
- Oversee tenant work in accordance with the Lease from onset through to completion, including review and approval of tenant drawings, permits and other documentation; attend site meetings with tenant and contractors; monitor completion of Tenant construction activities; sign off on project completion and authorize payment of tenant allowances.
- Promote effective communication and develop strong working relationships between all project stakeholders;
- Develop and implement consistent policies and procedures for planning monitoring, controlling and closing construction projects;
- Provide expert construction advice to property management and operations teams on maintenance and operational issues;
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, new technology, sustainability and LEED;
- Degree in Architectural Technology or Project Management, or Professional Engineer designation;
- PMP Designation, an asset.