Commercial Property Operations Manager - Edmonton, AB
For immediate consideration please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 – 2672 and email resume to email@example.com
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise / Manage Building Operators.
- Training staff to ensure that skills are developed/maintained relevant to their responsibilities. Ensure that all training, including safety training, is completed in a timely fashion.
- Manage and implement maintenance requirements for the building systems outlined in the approved annual budget plan.
- Develop quotations and tenders for procuring equipment, supplies and specialized services.
- Maintain budgeted spending decisions, and implement purchase orders and contracts within established the guidelines established.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the Service technicians assigned to Preventive Maintenance functions
- Liaise with the General Manager for issues pertaining to buildings and building systems.
- Oversee and manage base building improvement projects.
- Participate in post construction commissioning and start-up of new systems.
- Identify and resolve mechanical/electrical deficiencies.
- Liaise with consultants and assist with planning for impact of growth within property/portfolio.
- Assist in coordinating access and shut down of buildings systems to accommodate installation of new equipment and interconnection and modification to building systems.
- Coordinate planned maintenance shutdowns of building systems with facilities group.
- Orient and train new staff on building systems and processes.
- Coordinate periodic testing of fire, life safety and building systems in accordance with government regulations and codes.
- Liaise with government inspectors regarding regulatory requirements and inspections of the facility.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience in property management.
- 5th Class Power Engineer with experience in the operation of physical plant systems, including budget management and contract supervision.
- 4th Class Power Engineer certificate would be an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years’ industry experience either within a corporate real estate environment or third party provider.
- Valid Driver’s License