Electrical Project Manager
My client is a full service electrical and mechanical company and an industry leader in commercial, industrial and institutional projects throughout the lower mainland. They are a growing company and engaging in a variety of high profile projects in Vancouver anywhere from smaller/midsize to larger in scope. Currently, my client has an exciting opportunity for a Junior to mid-level Project Manager within their Vancouver office. This position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of construction project management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the project activities throughout the lifecycle including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation and budget.
- Establishes a project charter for each project outlining the work breakdown structure, milestones and deliverables.
- Ensures project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures the technical drawings of projects meet the needs of the client.
- Reviews project and equipment design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, regulatory codes and related permitting.
- Coordinates various project activities including but not limited to change orders, scheduling, equipment lists, vendor management, purchase requisitions, change requests & invoice management.
- Prepares project updates and completion reports to the other departments as needed.
- Plans, executes, monitors and closes out projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 2-5 years of experience in construction project management.
- Project Management Certificate, PMP designation is an asset but not necessary.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Certificate is considered an asset but not necessary.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and project execution.
- Has the ability to read and understand P&ID designs, blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- Results-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Communicative leader with strong interpersonal and team centric ideals.
- Exceptional problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative work environment.
- Energetic, passionate and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of various computer applications including Excel, Word and Microsoft Projects.
- Local and/or Canadian experience required.
My client is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates are welcome to apply by submitting their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call (604) 836 - 2672. My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience.