Facility Manager Position for High Profile Building - Calgary, AB
My client, a leading Commercial Property Management firm is currently seeking a Facility Manager for a very high profile Building in their Calgary portfolio. This position will report to the Director of Operations, and is responsible for all facility management including:
- Customer satisfaction
- Supervision of technical and contract service delivery staff
- Extensive and varied reporting
- Conduct and/or oversee the completion of annual Building Condition Reports for all properties within the portfolio
- Participation in the creation and management of the operating and capital budgets
- Management of environmental and energy initiatives
- Overall responsibility for successful delivery of projects (both small and major capital)
- Mid and long-term asset management planning
- Management of key performance indicators (KPI)
- Management of life safety requirements
- Ensure, in coordination with the local Health and Safety Specialist, adherence to OHS Federal and Provincial Acts, regulations and codes and ensure safety is integrated into all aspects of work. Promote and foster a continuing safety culture; are familiar with and comply with all of the Owner’s Site and Safety procedures.
- Ensure work performance in accordance with computer maintenance management system and other client specific programs including Loss Prevention System, Facilities Safety Manual, and Environmental Business Plan.
- Participate in the establishment of operating expense budgets annually and manage work to ensure year over year budget performance is within set parameters.
- Provide a local single point of contact to client for buildings in their care, responsible for ensuring superior customer service and tenant relations.
- Conduct regular building inspections for service compliance; develop project justifications for mid and long-term capital planning, interfacing with client’s FM group.
- Supervise and monitor performance of key contractors responsible for delivery of all aspects of the contract.
- Minimum five (5) years experience maintaining and managing industrial and commercial facilities. Preference given to individuals experienced with Courts-centered facility and/or major public building of equivalent complexity and sensitivity.
- Post-secondary diploma or a degree in Building Sciences or a BOMA and/or IFMA designation would be an asset.
- Overall accountability for delivery of building services and property maintenance using contractors and in-house staff.
- Strong understanding of Occupational Health and Safety programs.
- Experience and knowledge of building operations and building systems, including fire and life safety systems and processes a must.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and managing budgets, planning and implementing projects from conception to completion, and developing strong working relationships with clients and consultants.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership including managing direct reports.
- Ability to prepare schedules and manage site activity.
- Superior customer service/client relationship skills including a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Results oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities and lead times.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel with working knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Access.
- Must pass security background check.
For immediate consideration please call Abby Rubin (604) 836-2672 and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position pays $80,000 - $85,000 Depending on experience + bonus + excellent benefits + profit Sharing + RRSPs