OPERATIONS MANAGER - Edmonton
My client, a large Commercial Property Management firm is currently seeking an Operations Manager for their Edmonton portfolio. The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing a team of Building Operators and will be directly involved in the operation and maintenance of properties within the portfolio. This role will be responsible for overseeing Contractors, and liaising with consultants directly involved in the delivery of services for the Buildings, resolving building deficiencies, coordination of building system upgrades, and life-cycle replacement of building systems and equipment. The salary range for this position is dependent upon experience + excellent benefits + opportunity for career advancement. For immediate consideration please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 – 2672 and email resume to email@example.com
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise / Manage Building Operators.
- Training staff to ensure that skills are developed/maintained relevant to their responsibilities. Ensure that all training, including safety training, is completed in a timely fashion.
- Manage and implement maintenance requirements for the building systems outlined in the approved annual budget plan.
- Develop quotations and tenders for procuring equipment, supplies and specialized services.
- Maintain budgeted spending decisions, and implement purchase orders and contracts within established the guidelines established.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the Service technicians assigned to Preventive Maintenance functions
- Liaise with the General Manager for issues pertaining to buildings and building systems.
- Oversee and manage base building improvement projects.
- Participate in post construction commissioning and start-up of new systems.
- Identify and resolve mechanical/electrical deficiencies.
- Liaise with consultants and assist with planning for impact of growth within property/portfolio.
- Assist in coordinating access and shut down of buildings systems to accommodate installation of new equipment and interconnection and modification to building systems.
- Coordinate planned maintenance shutdowns of building systems with facilities group.
- Orient and train new staff on building systems and processes.
- Coordinate periodic testing of fire, life safety and building systems in accordance with government regulations and codes.
- Liaise with government inspectors regarding regulatory requirements and inspections of the facility.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience in property management.
- 5th Class Power Engineer with experience in the operation of physical plant systems, including budget management and contract supervision.
- 4th Class Power Engineer certificate would be an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years’ industry experience either within a corporate real estate environment or third party provider.
- Valid Driver’s License