Regional Director, Vancouver Real Estate
POSTED 03 OCT 2013 IN: PROPERTY MANAGEMENT BY MANAGER
My client, a premiere Vancouver Property Management firm is currently seeking a dynamic Regional Director, for their Residential Division in Vancouver. Reporting to the Vice President, Strata Management, in this role, you would be responsible for client & employee retention, & the advancement of client services in terms of image, visibility, reputation, diversification, professionalism, & technology.
You would provide direction; leadership, supervision, & training to ensure properties are maintained and operated in accordance with company objectives. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to retention of a portfolio of accounts, working closely with Strata Managers, Strata Councils and/or the developer, & facilitating solutions between strata’s and internal support staff.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, possessing the ability to set the vision and strategic direction for the company’s growth and communicate this to the organization and externally to clients and the marketplace. Supervise & provide assistance to Strata Manager’s in areas such as financial management, administration, corporate policies & procedures, property infrastructure, organization, litigation processes, property collections, Strata Property Act governance, maintenance & mechanical procedures.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to conducting monthly meetings, recruiting & hiring, completing performance reviews, training and development, conduct sites visits biannually & provide recommendations for improvements, ensure compliance of corporate policies, payroll processes, accounting and human resources policies, approve vacations and ensure coverage for relief assignments, review & approve payroll by prescribed deadlines and ensure preservation of professional development courses as required by the Real Estate Council of BC.
- Interact with developer clients during the phasing & asset turnover to strata to ensure proper annexation, account set-up, account management, client (developer) communication, interim budgets reconciliation & transition to council.
- Be responsible for the critical watch list, NPS Survey, etc. Provide opportunities to bid on ancillary services, approve additional charges to strata’s, and keep on top of special projects & fees.
- In conjunction with the VP, strategize account assignments within area of responsibility & accept accountability through adherence to implementation schedule, letters & intro to clients, coordination between Strata Managers and management support of the transition.
- Manages business unit budgets & approve expenditures for areas of responsibility in order to meet financial goals identified in the business plan. Provides year-end input to business unit budget & in particular, to those line items controlled or within area of responsibility. Recommends changes to management fees and contract terms.
- Coordinate set up of new strata’s, transition of existing strata’s, & termination of existing strata’s.
- Perform detailed reviews of all correspondence generated to attorneys, developers & entire membership of any account prior to mail out.
- Oversee, monitor & drive execution of company processes in any potential or actual litigation with strata’s.
- Monitor building budgets quarterly and prior to budget meetings to ensure spending is on track.
- Ensure maintenance manuals, equipments checklists, standardized operating procedures, books, & all company approved binders are in place & current.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational & time management skills, and possess the ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Possess highly effective coaching, facilitating, presentation, influencing, & leadership skills.
- Superior communication skills, both written & verbal with a successful track record in working with staff at all levels.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Positive & enthusiastic, hands-on approach with a strong bias to client service.
- Be available on call 24/7 in case of emergencies and be able to work outside regular business hours, including weekends and holidays if required.
- Have a valid BC Driver’s License with proper vehicle insurance.
- While my client is seeking the qualifications below ideally, they are willing to review candidates with applicable backgrounds from industries other than Residential Real Estate.
- Ideally possess a Representative License to provide strata management Services (as issued by Real Estate Council of BC).
- Minimum 5 year’s strata management experience or real estate experience, with a focus on understanding business requirements, delivering results, & experience managing new developments, preferably within a property management environment.
- Strong knowledge of the Strata Property Act, Real Estate Services Act and working knowledge of Builder’s Lien Act, CCDC2, Personal Information Protect Act, Residential Tenancy Act, Employment Standards Act & Workers Compensation Act.
- Diploma or Degree in Business Management or Administration, or a related field and/or comparable work experience is an asset.
- Must be willing to work towards obtaining an Associate Broker License at an agreed time frame.
The salary for this role is dependent upon experience with a generous bonus program. For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 - 2672) and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org