SENIOR CORPORATE ACCOUNTING MANAGER
My client, a large Commercial Property Management firm located in Horsham, PA is currently seeking a Senior Corporate Accounting Manager. The position’s primary responsibility is to lead the preparation and documentation of the monthly corporate accounting close process for a real estate investment company that owns and manages a $1.1 billion portfolio of office and flex properties. The Company has filed a registration statement with the SEC in an effort to become a publicly traded company that will ultimately be SOX compliant. This position will be responsible for the corporate accounting, tax accounting, technical accounting, analysis including analytics, lender reporting and compliance and business partner reporting and support. Additionally, this position will support the creation and maintenance of overall departmental policies as well as ad hoc projects that support both accounting and, in some cases, company-wide reporting needs and process improvements/efficiencies. This role interacts heavily with the operations teams and various corporate departments within the Company, as well as having direct interaction with the financial reporting team and the Chief Accounting Officer. For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 – 2672 and email resume to email@example.com. This position pays very well with excellent benefits + opportunity for advancement.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete monthly and quarterly accounting closes relating to the corporate entities, including bank reconciliations, equity roll forwards, reconciliation of debt and accrued interest, derivative accounting and accounting for accruals and prepaid, among other areas.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly debt compliance and lender reporting.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly business partner reporting packages.
- Assist in the preparation of ad hoc managerial and business partner analysis and related requests.
- Assist the Assistant Corporate Controller, Corporate Controller, Chief Accounting Officer and/or financial reporting team, as directed.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of internal controls and accounting policies to ensure the integrity of the Company’s accounting, systems, processes, data, reporting and ultimately SOX compliance.
- Prepare supporting documentation packages to address internal and external auditor requests.
- Take the initiative to identify process improvements and assist with the implementation.
- Exhibit proficiency with the Company’s general ledger and operational systems.
- Prioritize and perform special projects and other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Mix of public accounting and industry experience
- Demonstrated leadership and self-management skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to drive results and meet strict deadlines
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience working with debt accounting is a plus, including debt compliance and reporting
- Publicly traded company experience (working in a SOX environment)
- Strong documentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required for this position.
- High level of computer skills; including experience with Yardi or real estate accounting software
- Advanced proficiencies in the use of Excel
- Minimum of four years’ experience in accounting.
My client, a large Commercial Property Management firm is currently seeking a Property Administrator for their Edmonton office. Reporting to the Property Manager, this position is responsible for property management support and administrative functions related to a mixed-use portfolio including industrial, retail, and office. This position pays well depending on experience + bonus + excellent benefits + opportunity for career advancement. For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 – 2672 and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working closely with the Property Manager and Tenant Service Coordinator to develop strong tenant relationships
- Developing and maintaining relationships with tenants, contractors and clients.
- Assisting the onsite Maintenance team and liaising with tenants and service providers.
- Aiding with preparation of budgets and monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Processing invoices for payment including tenant charge backs.
- Assisting in collections of tenant arrears and maintaining minimal accounts receivables.
- Preparing monthly accrual listings for the portfolio.
- Managing purchase orders for the portfolio.
- Coordinating tenant move-in and move-out transitions.
- The collection and maintenance of various records including Insurance Certificates and contact information.
- Drafting communication to tenants.
- Tracking utilities monthly.
- Maintaining compliance for high security office properties.
- Liaise with Tenant Service Coordinator on work orders through the Angus Anywhere system.
- A College diploma in a related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in property management and/or real estate property accounting.
- A real estate license in property management would be preferred or a willingness to attain such.
- Microsoft Office and other property management applications; including Yardi would be ideal.
- A proven organizational and multi-tasking skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.