Senior Project Manager - San Francisco, CA
My client, a private equity real estate investment firm is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to be based out of their San Francisco office. The primary responsibility of the Senior Project Manager will be to manage current construction projects in the Western Region with regard to Project Management, Design and Development. Reporting to the Principal, National Construction & Development my client is seeking experience managing commercial construction projects for 7-10 years. This role will require travel 1-2 days per week and will manage all facets of project management (budget, schedule, bidding, quality & risk) for individual building projects including planning, design, construction, and closeout. . The Project Manager will have experience with ground up commercial Real Estate construction and ample experience dealing with tenant improvement project management
- Familiar with the procurement of construction services, contract award & buy-out, authoring of RFI’s, Project Specifications, AIA industry-standard documents and exhibits and ability to produce contract documents.
- Contract Administration – Ability to process contractor pay applications, evaluate and process change orders, analyze and maintain tracking sheets and records, perform inspection walks with bank inspectors, inspect and approve work in place, document stored materials and monitor punch/warranty work.
- Management, coordination, and inspection of contractor work while project is in progress and contribute feedback that may improve the operational success of the projects
- Regularly conduct construction meetings, prepare & distribute meeting minutes, track change order requests, track problem issues and react to feedback from Property Management personnel, prepare reports on project details and communicate overall project goals and details to senior asset/investment/construction managers
- Maintain project management logs (RFIs, changes, submittals, construction documents, FF&E, close-out)
- Familiarity with accepted buildings practices, materials and techniques, knowledge of common and general code requirements, ADA requirements, mechanical systems and components, permitting processes and requirements, market pricing and lien waivers.
- Provide Investment Officer with pricing exercises, generation of take-offs and quantities for work, administration of individual/special projects, interaction and communication with organizational stakeholders (Investment Officer, Senior Managers, Property Managers, Accounting Staff)
- Ability to perform due diligence – assess property conditions, estimate repair and construction costs, mark-up site plans with work locations, creation of DD reports and projected budgets, assessment of landscape and drainage conditions, taking and publishing photos of work examples and written summaries of overall property attributes
- Understanding of building science concepts related to energy efficiency, building envelope sealing, mechanical systems, insulation, window and siding, measurement and reporting of unit energy audits, compilation of applications and documentation necessary to apply for rebates, ability to work with third-party testers, processors and utility personnel, ability to track rebate totals and evaluation of future projects.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting building projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, lien waivers, surveys and drawings.
- Develop and manage project budgets, in conjunction with Investment Officer and accounting personnel.
- Review monthly reports - identify and correct budget variances.
- Review, code and approve vendor invoices for designated projects.
- Ensure timely collection of tenant improvement reimbursements, in accordance with lease.
- Subsequent to closing out a project work with property manager to insure that all utility accounts and vendor contracts have been transferred into my client’s name.
- Participate in the procurement and review of due diligence materials, including property conditions assessments, environmental reports, construction drawings, ALTA Surveys, Flood Plain Certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in construction management, construction/building science, engineering, business management or architecture and design or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in the construction field in new construction, renovation and rehab, development, commercial preferably in the big box industrial, big box retail, /office sector.
- 7-10 years of experience in construction project management, with experience in Commercial Real Estate Development.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are a must.
- Job will be based in San Francisco, with travel 1-2 days a week.
Compensation for this role is competitive with the market and will be based on experience. Remuneration will be comprised of an annual salary plus bonus. For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 – 2672 and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
My client is focused on industrial and logistic investments across the U.S., Canada and Europe and is the largest private owner of industrial real estate in the U.S. with nearly 90 million square feet of owned properties. The combination of local execution and international scope allows my client to construct diversified, high-performing portfolios, to deliver superior real estate solutions to their tenants and to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns to investors. Since 2006, My client has been entrusted to manage approximately $3 billion in equity on behalf of institutional clients across the globe including public, union and corporate pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, foundations, university endowments, insurers, private wealth/family investment offices and fund-of-funds.