STRATA MANAGER - Vancouver
My client, a Vancouver Residential Property Management firm is currently seeking a Licensed Strata Manager to oversee a portfolio of Buildings in Vancouver. Duties will include, attending required meetings (strata council and general meetings), conducting property inspections, supervising and/or direct employees/contractors within the portfolio and performing financial and administrative functions. For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604) 836-2672 and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise the strata council in understanding application of their bylaws, the Strata Property Act and other legislation (Real Estate Services Act, Residential Tenancy Act and Workers Compensation Act).
- Prepare effectively chair council and general meetings, generally held in the evening.
- Employ or contract for service of building managers, security, maintenance, professional or other services required by a strata corporation (i.e. contractors, etc.).
- Respond to emergencies urgently at all times & file insurance claims.
- Perform procurement duties (solicit bids, review contracts, invoices, oversee contractor work, administer special projects)
- Recruit and supervise site staff as needed
- Prepare annual council budgets, ensure collects of fees and levies, ensure accounts are received and paid on time
- Perform administrative functions (prepare notices, review accuracy of certificates, update building information, etc)
- Regular inspection & attendance to sites.
- Other duties and projects may be assigned based on operational requirements and in accordance with the management services agreement.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills and possess the ability to work in a high volume, face paced environment
- Be able to multi-task, prioritize to meet precise deadlines and be able to adapt quickly to change
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal with a successful track record in working with clients/staff at all levels
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (especially in Word and Excel)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and enthusiastic, hands-on approach with a strong bias to client service
- Be able to work outside regular business hours, if required
- 2 years+ experience in managing residential strata properties or previous experience in a property management environment or similar related professional environment
- Must possess a Representative License to provide strata management Services (as issued by the Real Estate Council of British Columbia).