Assistant Facility Manager - Montreal, QC
My client a major 3rd party Commercial Property Management firm is currently seeking an Assistant Facility Manager for a commercial portfolio of buildings in Montreal. As the AFM you are responsible for
providing outstanding client services and assisting the Facility Manager in the management, monitoring and control, of the properties, with a focus on building operations, service contracts and financial management.
- Proactively develop and manage client relationships ensuring that expected service levels are achieved
- Comply with all requirements of the Client contract and meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators
- Manage the site in accordance with all agreed policies, procedures and contract scope.
- Identify opportunities for improved operation to drive efficiencies (process and cost) and make recommendations to the Facility Manager for consideration.
- Assist with site responsibilities for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, critical systems, HVAC, generator and others defined within the portfolio of respective sites.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety, Environment and Risk Management policies and procedures that relate to the site/s.
- In conjunction with the Facility Manager, manage repairs and maintenance, minor works and other requests received via the help desk, tracking to completion.
- Assist in managing Vendors, ensuring services are delivered in accordance with the contract and to agreed standards. Document and escalate instances of poor performance.
- Maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and emergency response documentation for the site as required.
- Any other activities to support site operations, including, but not limited to: moves/reconfigurations, events, safety or sustainability practices Finance Management / Cost Control / Profitability
- Assist the Facility Manager to achieve or exceed financial targets and ensure effective, efficient and economic operation of assigned responsibilities.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for the site/s.As requested by the Facility Manager, prepare current financial year budget spend reports (actual vs. budget, variance etc.).
- Manage payments to vendors where applicable, using available systems, complying with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in facilities management or related field.
- Bilingual French/English – with an Associates or Bachelor’s degree is desirable.