COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER – Phoenix, Arizona
My client, a large commercial property management firm is currently seeking a Property Manager to oversee a portfolio of properties as well as perform Property/Portfolio administration in Phoenix. My client needs someone who can work independently as this position reports to a Senior Property Manager who is remote. The candidate will be responsible for the administration of all aspects of maintaining and managing the portfolio including: coordinating repairs, scheduling preventive maintenance, negotiating and maintaining contracts, establishing accurate budgets, setting and managing project schedules, as well as developing and maintaining relationships with tenants and contractors and fulfilling portfolio administrative duties. I am looking for someone who is self-motivated, and can work independently while managing a portfolio with minimum over-sight. This position pays well and depends on experience + bonus + excellent benefits + opportunity for career advancement. For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 – 2672 and email resume to email@example.com
- Daily management and over - sight of existing portfolio.
- Inspect and arrange for building repairs, track, and assure satisfactory completion of repairs. Follow-up with customers to ensure service requested are completed to their satisfaction.
- Arrange for preventive maintenance of building mechanics, systems, and components at scheduled intervals.
- Renew mechanical & operational permits, certificates, licenses & contract service agreements.
- Contract and schedule performance of building services, oversee the bid process, negotiate vendor contracts, ensure compliance with our insurance requirements.
- Schedule, coordinate and oversee multiple projects simultaneously, oversee the bid process, negotiate contracts, provide decision logic for selected vendor, assure adherence to insurance, permit and governmental compliance.
- Recommend, bid, and coordinate capital improvements.
- Establish and maintain accurate operating budgets and manage the properties according to the approved budgets.
- Submit weekly reports on status of projects and property issues; provide monthly budget variance reports.
- Submit Monthly A/R reports and participate in monthly A/R meetings.
- Correspond with and maintain tenant relations. Respond to tenant requests, including coordinating tenant work requests with vendors.
- Submit weekly reports on tenant interactions.
- Ability to draft and write detailed documents and email communications to tenants, vendors, and contracted firms to prepare reports, presentations, and technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Set up and maintain files, utilizing both electronic and paper files for leases, contracts, tenant communications, building information, reports, and related Property Management data, etc.
- Distribute and route documents such as certificates of insurance, commencement letters and other legal documents.
- Assist with coding of invoices, as well as reviewing and approving invoices for payment.
- Resolve Landlord building violations to full satisfaction of governing agencies
- Enforce the Tenants compliance with building codes and the Tenants resolution of violations they are obligated to cure.
- Review and abstract leases with ability to comprehend Landlord vs Tenant lease responsibilities and enforce compliance.
- Monitor tenant build-outs and ensure tenants obtain and close out any required permits.
- Assist in the pursuit of new business by participating in showings when needed and ensuring that vacancies are show ready at all times.
- Engage vendors for environmental investigation and remediation when applicable.
- Regularly exercises good judgment and decision-making logic to resolve day-to-day operational issues.
- Work closely and collaborate with other Company departments, including Acquisitions, Leasing, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Finance and Accounting
- Maintain familiarity with building codes, technological advances, and industry best practices.
- Ability to gather data from various resources, including the internet, analyses and organize of data into a report format for others to review.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous Commercial management experience with excellent operational, customer service and financial skills required, preferably three (3) to five (5) years.
- Knowledge and understanding of building components, systems, and mechanics (roof, elevators, boilers, fire systems, water proofing etc.)
- Ability to prioritize tasks utilizing good time management, is comfortable multi-tasking, possess strong organizational skills, is self-driven, and can track projects & meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all financial aspects of Property Management including but not limited to; Accounts Receivables, Variance reporting/explanations, Budgeting, and Cap Ex planning.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, as well as strong attention to detail and ability to interact with all governing agencies.
- Ability to analyze and recommend solutions to overcome project hurdles and setbacks.
- Ability to work independently with but also be a team player.
- Ability to manage and/or participate in corporate initiatives and projects remotely.
- Ability to read building plans.
- A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Outlook is necessary with ability to learn new software, MRI Accounting Software, Yardi and Kardin Budget Software, preferred.