Posted 17 Oct 2012
My Client, is currently seeking an Intermediate Accountant for a 1 year maternity leave starting as soon as possible for their Downtown Vancouver office. My client's Accounting team is very busy with year-end audit and requires someone who can jump in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Good communications skills, full cycle and reconciliation experience, plus, the flexibility to work Saturdays during the audit period. The pay will be $42 ,000 - $45,000 depending on experience. The position entails the following duties.
- Update & prepare daily cash flow information for Operating Bank Account (check runs, daily on-line back transactions, fund transfers, miscellaneous deposits), ensure there are sufficient funds in account and prepare all required cash transfers.
- Prepare weekly bank reconciliations
- Responsible for journal entry preparation and entry, preparing financial statements, account variance analysis, and maintenance of general ledger account reconciliations
- Review accounts payable batches for operating bank accounts, ensure appropriate general ledger coding and sign off on check logs.
- Maintain balance sheet continuity schedules for prepaid expenses.
- Take part in interim and annual audit
- Participate in training for back up coverage of tasks and responsibilities when necessary.
- Participate in Great Plains software upgrade implementations.
- Required Skills:
- Excellent negotiation skills, and communication skills, oral & written
- Ability to deal with customers and achieve positive solutions
- Excellent computer skills including MS Excel, Ms Word, Great Plains Dynamics
- Accurate record keeping, time management and organizational skills, deadline oriented
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience working in an Accounting/Finance Department, and must be a minimum Level 3 CGA Student or equivalent. For immediate consideration please email Abby Rubin: email@example.com or call (604) 836 - 2672