Maintenance Supervisor - Edmonton, AB
My client, a leading Commercial Property Management firm is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for a portfolio of Buildings in Edmonton. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing, and providing technical support to the Building Operators and will be directly involved with the operation and maintenance of the portfolio. This role will schedule and coordinate Contractors and will liaise with consultants involved in the delivery of services for the buildings. The Maintenance Supervisor resolves base building deficiencies, and coordinates building system upgrades, and life-cycle replacement of building systems and equipment.
- Will provide assistance to Project Managers, Property Managers and staff in the development of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Assist in the implementation of maintenance requirements for the physical plant systems.
- Interview Contractors and negotiate service agreements for performing specialized maintenance.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the Building Operators.
- Liaise with the Facility Manager for issues pertaining building systems.
- Participate in post construction commissioning and start-up of new HVAC systems.
- Identification and resolution of mechanical deficiencies.
- Coordinate planned maintenance shutdowns of building systems with facilities group.
- Orientation and training of new staff on building systems.
- Assist in the coordination of periodic testing of fire, life safety and building systems in accordance with government regulations and codes.
- Liaise with government inspectors regarding regulatory requirements and inspections of the facility.
- Refrigeration Technician or 4th Class Power Engineer with a minimum of 5 years related experience in the operation of building systems, including budget management and contract supervision.
- Extensive knowledge in Instrumentation and Direct Digital Controls.
- Excellent organizational, Problem Solving and Communication Skills.
- Able to work under pressure, deal with multiple deadlines, effectively handle stressful situations and work with minimal direction/supervision.
- High degree of professionalism and passion for success.
- Displays service excellence in dealing with internal and external clients and partners.
- Encourages and supports leadership and growth in others.
- Valid Driver’s License.
For immediate consideration please email email@example.com or call Abby Rubin (604) 836 -2672. This position pays $75,000 - $85,000 + excellent benefits.