Property Manager - Calgary, AB
My client, a large Commercial Property Management firm is currently seeking a Property Manager for Calgary. The Property Manager will be managing office, industrial and retail assets in excess of 38M square feet. My client provides a comprehensive scope of real estate management services through their committed team of over 500 geographically dispersed professionals. As an industry leader in integrated third party real estate management solutions, My client has the experience and expertise to effectively manage our clients’ real estate through an innovative and collaborative management methodology. This position, with guidance from the Director, Client Services, is responsible for effectively managing the delivery of property management services for assigned properties. This includes tenant relations, revenue collection, budget process, monthly reporting, client interaction and assisting with the overall business plan to ensure properties are managed to meet client service deliverables.
- Ensure commercial property and retail properties are managed in accordance with the approved business plans and within operating/capital budgets.
- Responsible for building revenue and expenses including preparing and operating within an approved budget; analyze and approve time
- sensitive monthly financial statements; ensure accuracy of tenant billings; and year-end adjustments.
- Liaise with Leasing Representatives to ensure budgeted leasing projections are achieved.
- Liaise with Legal Counsel in the preparation and execution of leasing documents.
- Liaise with tenants and consultants to complete Leasing / Base Building projects.
- Monitor construction progress and project management to ensure cost efficiencies.
- Ensure excellent tenant/owner relations through personal contact, development of tenant retention plan, and excellent customer service.
- Ensure efficient operation of building including compliance with government regulations, achievement of maintenance /life safety standards, source and implement innovative operational strategies while reducing costs.
- Motivate, empower and coach/counsel staff in the performance of their work; appraise, set performance goals and administer staff salaries, ensure staff is trained / developed to achieve optimum level of job competency and career development.
- Adhere to all established operational procedures, audit them quarterly and revise as required.
- Conduct monthly property inspections to ensure that the standards set by the owner are met or exceeded.
- Budget preparation, and ongoing revenue and expense control and report on variances as they arise.
- Coordinate, Business Continuity and Emergency Response program. Direct staff, tenants and contractors in emergency situations.
- Must be able to respond to after hour’s tenant/emergency
- Retail and/or Shopping Centre property management experience including experience in leasing, maintenance, construction / project
- management and financial matters an asset;
- Minimum 3 years experience in managing staff;
- Must have a Alberta Real Estate License;
- Higher than average accounting knowledge, and able to read and understand financial statements.
- Experience with rent collection and lease enforcement procedures.
All candidates are welcome to apply; however, preference will be given to local candidates. This will pay $90K + bonus (7 - 14%) + excellent benefits + room for growth.
For immediate consideration, please email resume to Abby Rubin
email@example.com or call (604) 836 - 2672.