Technical Support / Multimedia Specialist - Vancouver, BC
My client, an International Video Teleconferencing firm is currently seeking a Technical Support / Multimedia Specialist for their Vancouver office to lend technical support to the Sales Team. This company offers the international market place high quality Audio and Video Teleconferencing services supported by specialized proprietary equipment. The ideal candidate will have a high level of technical aptitude, perhaps a Network Administrator or someone with a similar background, who can maintain their conferencing equipment, diagnose PC related issues, and work with advanced MS Office and Internet technology related projects. My client requires an individual with Telco and IP technical experience preferably with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Responsibilities would include setting up and managing conference calls using proprietary bridging equipment and software as well as general up- keep, and maintenance of the equipment.
In addition to the technical qualifications, the ideal candidate must be available for telephone interfacing with clients with good telephone etiquette; excellent communication skills and a polite disposition. The candidate will be part of a core team of people dedicated to the services offered by my client. There will be some early mornings required for this role. In order to service my client’s eastern Canadian clientele, this role needs to be prepared to time shift to Eastern Time to support live events. This may mean start times as early as 4am Pacific Time as well, off hour or weekend shifts to perform system upgrades may also be required from time to time.
- A University / Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 4-5 years of work experience preferably in customer service or a call centre environment.
- Good aptitude in operational problem solving. Will be tasked with supporting users in office on desktop support for PCs, setting up new e-mails, updating servers and software on users PCs. Maintaining Teleconference bridging equipment.
- Experience in the building, maintaining and troubleshooting of Windows workstations, networks and servers.
- Aptitude for understanding the variables of the telecommunications / communications technology industry.
- Organizing and managing large live Audio and Video Conferences. Will be required to moderate events as well.
- Experience with webcasting/streaming technologies and software. Will conduct professional webcasts with Fortune 500 companies.
- Software Knowledge/Experience: Photoshop, Premier, Dreamweaver, FTP server, Domain Admin, Apache Web Server, HTML/CSS coding, MySQL, PHP
This position pays a base salary of $45,000 - $50,000 (depending on experience) + Team bonus + excellent benefits + room for growth. This is an amazing company seeking someone for a long-term, career position with ample opportunity for growth. My client only hires top talent and offers exciting career potential.
For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604)836 – 2672 or email email@example.com . Only applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree will be considered.