Floor Manager – Gastro-Pub North Vancouver
- Overseeing and managing all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Food safety and planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate food and beverage costs.
- Work with Corporate office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
- Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Estimate food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints by taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Set policy and procedures on a regular basis and ensure the implementation of such
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Communicate with staff on a regular basis in person, via memos and email to educate/ inform about issues or new procedures.
- Conduct orientation, explain and oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs.
- Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- A combination of practical experience and education will be considered.
- Previous managing experience in a busy casual large restaurant atmosphere
- Extensive Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel) and social media networking (Yelp, Facebook, Urbanspoon, Tripadvisor, etc)
- Must agree to background and credit check.
ACCOUNTABILITIESKeeps General Manager promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
For Immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604) 836 - 2672 and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Excellent salary (depending on experience) and benefits offered. This is the evening shift with hours ranging from 2pm - 11pm.