General Manager for Residential Properties - Vancouver, BC
My client, a large Commercial & Residential Property Management firm is currently seeking a General Manger, Residential Properties to join their Vancouver office. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing a residential rental team and managing a rental portfolio on behalf of their clients. This position requires a strong individual who can think strategically and assist in the growth and profitability of the business for the local office by following the business plan that results in securing new clients and business opportunities for the company.
This role is responsible for Leading the team in becoming and maintaining position as the best residential management company in the market, where clients can expect to get the service, expertise and information they need to make the best residential real estate decisions.
- Manage the business to a plan with clearly stated and measurable goals and objectives.
- Motivate team members in achieving divisional and personal business goals.
- Provide the confidence and encouragement needed for success.
- Act as the advocate of the company’s vision, communicating the corporate vision to the local team and market.
- Deliver suggestions and feedback directly to the people who can effect change.
- Build an office of mutual respect and camaraderie.
- Build a strong customer centric team designed to deliver exceptional service.
- Continually expand the business base through regular contact with key clients
- Recruiting - continual and active recruiting within the marketplace to grow the division.
- Implement a formal training regimen for the division. Training/Coaching - continue to ’raise the bar" for professionals within the organization.
- Act as the company’s voice within the local business community, through networking, and active participation.
- Membership in local/national/international organizations that will help grow the business, increase identity and recruit the best in the business.
- Client reporting
- Budget preparation
- Financial statement review
- Preparation of monthly narrative reports
- Management of the revenues and accounts receivable for the properties
- Approval of expenses for the properties
- Tenant services
- Maintenance of the properties
- Retention of service contractors and suppliers of the properties
- Management of on-site team at the properties
- Ensure that the company meets all legal requirements as it relates to the local real estate boards
- Leadership, strategic thinking, entrepreneurial in nature, takes initiative to try new ideas.
- Strong understanding of asset management and financial experience.
- Problem solving capabilities.
- Understands the interdependency issues of a large company.
- High degree of professionalism and passion for success.
- Strong communications and consensus building skills.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail
For immediate consideration for this excellent opportunity. please send resume to email@example.com or call Abby Rubin (604) 836 - 2672. This is a fantastic role for an Entrepreneurial Property Management professional with excellent benefits and opportunity for advancement. The salary for this role is generous, + 20% bonus and is commensurate with experience.