Licensed Strata Manager - Vancouver, BC
The role of Strata Manager provides the successful applicant the opportunity of running a “business within a business”, managing a specific portfolio of properties within VCS, one of Vancouver’s most respected strata management companies. Working alongside an energetic and educated group of peers, the position includes a car and cell phone allowance, and an attractive compensation package with opportunities for advancement and salary increases.
Reporting to the Management Team, the Strata Manager is the primary link between the management company (VCS) and its client strata corporations and is responsible for the management and control of assigned properties within his/her portfolio.
- researching, developing, recommending and implementing a wide variety of action/work and maintenance programs as directed by the strata council members
- preparing and administering a number of budgets, including control and follow up on accounts receivable and payables
- providing an advisory service to the strata corporation, strata council, strata lot owners, real estate professionals, buyers, appraisers and members of the legal profession, on matters pertaining to property and strata management
- writing strata council and general meeting minutes and letters or reports on behalf of the strata corporation
- assisting in the preparation of disclosure documents such as the forms found in the Strata Property Act and attending to any filings at the Land Title Office
- representing VCS at meetings of the strata council, strata lot owners and/or the strata corporation and at a variety of external meetings (including with consultants, site inspections and at court or other quasi-judicial hearings)
- maintaining and updating databases used by the company.
The Strata Manager has the personal credibility, leadership and integrity which allows successful interaction with strata lot owners, the strata council, service contractors, trades, professionals and agencies. Critical to this position is the ability to successfully guide the strata corporation and to cultivate a positive image of VCS within the strata community by providing excellent customer service.
As of January 1, 2006 the Real Estate Services Act requires that all strata managers be licensed to provide strata management services. Licensing is offered by the UBC Real Estate Division, contact number 1-888-776-7733, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Currently licensed under the Real Estate Services Act
- At least 2 years of experience managing a similar portfolio of residential strata properties
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Willingness to work flexible hours as preparation for and attendance at evening meetings is required
- Ability to read, interpret and explain financial statements
- Basic understanding of insurance coverage
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Presentation, public speaking and leadership skills
- Effective consulting and negotiating skills
- Good research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of and ability to use computer systems and programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid BC driver's license and automobile
- Although not required, experience in real estate, construction, engineering, or a related field would be considered an asset