SENIOR COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER - Miramar
My client, a large Commercial Property Management firm is currently seeking a Senior Property Manager to oversee an expanding portfolio of properties in Miramar. The Senior Property Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of property management: coordinating repairs, scheduling preventive maintenance, tenant improvements, staff supervision, negotiating and maintaining contracts and certificates of insurance, establishing accurate budgets, setting and managing project schedules, as well as developing and maintaining relationships with tenants and contractors. My client offers an excellent salary plus benefits and opportunity for career advancement. For immediate consideration, please call Abby Rubin (604) 836-2672 and email resume to email@example.com
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily management and oversite of existing portfolio.
- Responsible for employee selection, training, evaluations, terminations, and implementation of employment decisions for employees in accordance with human resource policies/procedures
- Lead and supervise a team consisting of an Associate Property Manager, Building Engineer/Technician and Office Administration.
- Inspect and arrange for building repairs, track and assure satisfactory completion of repair.
- Arrange for preventive maintenance of building mechanics, systems and components at scheduled intervals.
- Renew mechanical & operational permits, certificates, licenses & contract service agreements.
- Contract and schedule performance of building services, oversee the bid process, negotiate vendor contracts, assure compliance with insurance requirements.
- Schedule, coordinate and oversee multiple projects simultaneously, oversee the bid process, negotiate contracts, provide decision logic for selected vendor, assure adherence to insurance, permit and governmental compliance.
- Recommend, bid and coordinate capital & Tenant improvements.
- Establish and maintain operating budgets and manage the properties according to approved budgets.
- Submit reports on status of projects and property issues as required; provide budget variance reports.
- Review leases with ability to comprehend Landlord vs Tenant lease responsibilities and enforce compliance.
- Work closely and collaborate with other Company departments, including Acquisitions, Leasing, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Finance and Accounting.
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Professional affiliation with BOMA, IREM or IFMA preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Management experience must include the management of a team of employees
- Previous Commercial management experience with excellent operational skills a must, preferably five (5) to ten (10) years.
- General knowledge and understanding of building components, systems and mechanics (roof, elevators, boilers, fire systems, water proofing etc.).
- Ability to read building plans.
- A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Outlook, Yardi is preferred.